I am sorry to have to announce that RPVW.com is shutting down operations on the 29th March 2019 at 23:00 GMT which is the date and time that the UK has arranged to leave the EU.
The uncertainty of the legal position of individuals or companies in an EU member country being able to transfer or process data in the UK after the UK leaves the EU has left me with no alternatives other than to offer the customers of RPVW.com the maximum time possible to move their domains and hosting to other providers.
- If you have unpaid invoices for domain registrations; you should pay the invoice and then take steps to transfer the domain registrations into a registrar of your choice. Failure to take over your domain names into a new registrar will result in the names expiring at the end of their current period, and being placed back on the general market.
- If your domain registrations are still valid, you should take steps to transfer the domain registrations into a registrar of your choice. Failure to take over your domain names into a new registrar will result in the names expiring at the end of their current period, and being placed back on the general market.
- You should sign up with a new web hosting company, and arrange for them to move all of your web hosting files, databases and emails over to your new account.
Customers storing emails on the server are advised to download and store the mails locally to avoid any possibility of important messages being lost.
In order to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation, ALL of your data will be permanently deleted from my servers on the 29th March 2019 at 23:01 GMT
Deleted data will include:
- All correspondence
- All Customer data (Names, addresses, email and tel numbers etc)
- All prior invoicing and transactions
- All your web hosting files (irrespective of whether they form part of your website or not)
- All your stored emails (in and out)
- All your databases
- All your email account data
To be very clear – ALL your data and files will be deleted prior to the servers being shut down.
I will NOT retain any backups or copies of any data of any sort; so please don't bother asking for it !
I am sorry to have to have had to make this decision, but I have no confidence in this, or future, governments ability to negotiate and adhere to any treaty or convention that they might sign up for.
I have left it as long as I possibly can before deciding to close down, and still give everyone adequate time to make alternative arrangements, rather than being left with no options at the very last minute.
My apologies again for the inconvenience that I am sure this will cause. Please bear in mind that, whilst this is only an inconvenience to you, it leaves me with nothing, and the loss of everything I have worked for during the the past 40 years
Sunday, February 10, 2019